Sarah is a Rockstar excelling at everything she puts her mind to.
This site was made to showcase Sarah's amazing work, and if you feel inclined you can even purchase one of her amazing paintings.
Sarah Wilson is known as “The Bird Lady” of the North Fourth Street Art Center. Ten years ago she set out to do five bird paintings. The success of that undertaking was the start of her love for painting birds. Over the years her skills and techniques have evolved and changed as she has come up with new and exciting painting techniques.
Sarah works in acrylics. She is happy to take commissions.
- Sarah attends the North Fourth Street Art Center in Albuquerque, NM where she has the opportunity to apprentice with several skilled art teachers.
- She takes private art lessons from Tom Brejcha, a talented Albuquerque artist.
- Sarah has had a solo art show at Crashing Thunder Gallery in Gallup, New Mexico.
- She has participated in a number of group shows and has won a ribbon at the New Mexico state fair.
- Sarah has gone to Washington DC to advocate for disability rights and presented bird paintings to the New Mexico members of the Senate and the House of Representatives including Michelle Lujan Grisham who is now governor of New Mexico.
- US Senator Ben Ray Lujan commissioned Sarah to do a portrait of his father.
- Her artwork has been used on cards sold to raise money for Special Olympics New Mexico.